Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Me and Lost


Me in my original, ratty Lost shirt and
 my beloved blu-ray set of the series
Before I babble on about more Lost mumbo jumbo, I feel that I should explain the extent of my fandom. On September 22, 2004, the obsession began. Since day one, I have loved the show. I wasn't one of those people who started watching halfway in, and then went back to catch up. I am proud to say that I've been Lost since the first day.

            My obsession in the show went to a new level in 2007 when I bought my first shirt from the online Lost store. 4 8 15 16 23 42 read across the front. I liked the show so much that I had decided to wear my "Lost shirt" every Wednesday (because that was that day of the week that the show was usually on). That shirt and I went through everything together. When the show would move to a different day of the week, I would wear my shirt that day.

            Not more than a year after I buying my shirt, my sister accidentally spilled bleach on the front and back giving my black shirt a nice big red stain. Even though my sister told me she would buy me another shirt, I didn't really care because the red stain actually looked kinda cool.

            Over the years, holes infested my shirt, one by one. While running on a hot day, I took my shirt off only to rip the back of my shirt almost beyond repair. Because of the massive rip, I was forced to take a hiatus from wearing the shirt. While Grandma was still able to sew it back up, I decided to hang up the shirt for good. Luckily my sister kept to her word and bought me another identical shirt to make for the other one. 


             This video is an xfinity commercial that parodies off the song "All I Have to Do is Dream" by the Everly Brothers. At the end of the commercial, they use clips from Lost saying that if you want to watch the show, all you have to do is stream, stream, stream, and it will show up on your TV. This commercial reminds me that when I miss Lost, all i have to do is turn on my TV and pop in the blu-ray discs and watch it. It's that simple. "Whenever I want you, all I have to do is dreeeeeam."

2 comments:

  1. That is major commitment to a show!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your tattoo! I admire your dedication to something in which you love so much. Definitely not a dumb mistake, cherish it always! xo

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.